Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Oven "Fries"

I don't own a frier...and I really don't like French Fries! But I LOVE these fries that are cooked in the oven and seasoned by me! I got this recipe from the Weight Watcher cookbook and I have used it for fries ever since...so not only are they good, they are kind of good for you!
Oven "Fries"
1 1/4 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch strips (I have a mandolin, but I have cut them with a knife before too)
3/4 teaspoon sea salt (kosher is good too!)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
(sometimes I add 1/2 teaspoon garlic, shallot, or onion powder)

Place your baking sheet in the oven and preheat oven to 450*.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and the sugar into a bowl with cold water to cover. Soak 15 minutes; drain and blot dry with a towel or paper towels.
In another large bowl combine oil and paprika (and other desired spices). Toss in the potatoes being sure to cover potatoes in oil and seasonings.
Place the seasoned potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake, turning the potatoes over as they brown (I usually turn them at 20min.,30 min. and 40 min. time), until cooked through (about45 minutes). Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.

Per serving (1/4 of the potatoes): 159 cal, 3 g fat, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein, WW points: 3 (not the new way of calculating though)

No comments:

Post a Comment